The cosmetology program is 1500 clock hours in length. This course meets and exceeds the licensing standard for State Licensed Cosmetologists for both Indiana and Illinois. A beauty school graduate of this course can be licensed and employed as a professional cosmetologist within 30 days of completion.
- Cut, Color and Designing
- Scalp and Shampooing Services
- Facials, Temporary Hair Removal and Makeup
- Manicure and Pedicure Techniques
- Law Statue
- Sanitation and Safety
- Employment Preparation
- Salon Operation and Management
- Various Supportive Sciences
The US Department of Labor finds the outlook for cosmetology employment to be “bright and growing in the future”!
- A high school diploma and certified school transcript or GED is required for enrollment.
- Interview, pre-registration and orientation.
- A $50.00 non refundable registration fee is required to secure your position in class. To provide a quality education for all students each class is limited in size.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (24 Hours a Week) for the first 900 hours
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (30 Hours a Week) for the remaining 600 hours
Classes begin in February 19th, April 23rd, September 17th and November 19th of each calendar year. The month of July is reserved for our Vocational students.
Enrollment contracts detail a 14.5 Month Completion. This 14.5 month completion time does not include closings for school vacations, weather related concerns and pre-planned leave of absences/LOA.
Contracted Charges/Paid by the Student or parent of the dependent student.
|Books and Equipment||$ 1,009.17|
|Total Contract Charges||$ 17,159.17|
- This school does not offer on campus housing. The school has been successful in the past when helping the students to locate affordable housing.
- This school does package financial aid applications based on the applicant’s individual circumstances.
- Financial aid appointments are available upon request.
This school accepts cash, checks and credit card as methods of payment. The school offers various methods of payment during the course of the program. Short term payments are interest free. Monthly payments spread over the term of the enrollment contract include interest/1.5% per month. The State of Indiana mandates that the entire educational debt be paid in full prior to graduation.
The US Department of Education and the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency have gone paperless. As a result of this, financial aid applications and licensing applications/renewals are done on line. The web site for the agency that will test and license qualified graduates is www.in.gov/pla.cosmo.htm. This school encourages visitation of this site prior to enrollment as well as while in school. Information on this site will include, but not be limited to licensing criteria, renewal charges and requirements for the opening of a salon/spa.
The US Department of Education considers this course to be qualified for Gainful Emploment/GA. This recognition and National Accreditation by NACCAS gives this school the opportunity to offer federal financial assistance /Title IV for those that qualify. There are two web sites that will guide the applicant thru the financial aid process. It is this schools recommendation that the applications be done as soon as the enrollee determines when they would like to begin their education.
- The initial application, for grants and/or loans is done on www.fasfa.ed.gov. Our school code number is 014523. This application must be completed by anyone wanting to qualify for either the grant and/or loan programs. Save a copy of your password and PIN number, as it will be needed in the future.
- The second application is for only loans. The web site is www.StudentLoans.gov. Both the entrance interview and the promisory note are completed on line.
- Print a copy of both applications and the promissory note for future reference.
- Students may choose to combine monthly payments with various sources of financial support.
- If you have any questions prior to or during the application process, contact our office for assisstance.