The cosmetology program is 1500 clock hours in length. This course meets and exceeds the licensing standard for State Licensed Cosmetologists for both Indiana and Illinois. A beauty school graduate of this course can be licensed and employed as a professional cosmetologist within 30 days of completion.
- Cut, Color and Designing
- Scalp and Shampooing Services
- Facials, Temporary Hair Removal and Makeup
- Manicure and Pedicure Techniques
- Law Statue
- Sanitation and Safety
- Employment Preparation
- Salon Operation and Management
- Various Supportive Sciences
The US Department of Labor finds the outlook for cosmetology employment to be “bright and growing in the future”! Requirements
- A high school diploma and certified school transcript or GED is required for enrollment.
- Interview, pre-registration and orientation.
- A $50.00 non refundable registration fee is required to secure your position in class. To provide a quality education for all students each class is limited in size.
You will have a choice of two schedules that vary slightly to better fit your needs.
Option 1 – Tuesday thru Saturday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (30 hours a week) for the full 1500 hours.
Option 2 – Tuesday thru Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (24 Hours a Week) for the first 900 hours, then
Tuesday thru Saturday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (30 Hours a Week) for the remaining 600 hours
We also offer the option of completing off premise hours which can dramatically expedite your graduation date!
Classes begin February 10th, April 21st, July 1st, August 25th and November 17th for the 2015 year. The month of July will include Vocational students.
Enrollment for 1500 hours with option 1 schedule equals a 11.5 Month Completion. Option 2 schedule will be a 14 month completion time. These completion times do not include preplanned closings for school vacations, allotted absences or other weather related closings and leave of absences.
Cost Contracted Charges/Paid by the Student or parent of the dependent student.
|Books and Equipment||$ 1,009.17|
|Total Contract Charges||$ 18,159.17|
- This school does not offer on campus housing. The school has been successful in the past when helping the students to locate affordable housing.
- This school does package financial aid applications based on the applicant’s individual circumstances.
- Financial aid appointments are available upon request.
- The initial application, for grants and/or loans is done on www.fasfa.ed.gov. Our school code number is 014523. This application must be completed by anyone wanting to qualify for either the grant and/or loan programs. Save a copy of your password and PIN number, as it will be needed in the future.
- The second application is for only loans. The web site is www.StudentLoans.gov. Both the entrance interview and the promisory note are completed on line.
- Print a copy of both applications and the promissory note for future reference.
- Students may choose to combine monthly payments with various sources of financial support.
- If you have any questions prior to or during the application process, contact our office for assisstance.